Saturday 16 April 2011

100 eggs

I’m going to let you in on a little cheat I use regularly.

I don't fry eggs, I bake them.
No, not all the time, but if I am making fried eggs for large quantities of people, say for burgers or bacon and egg toasties, then I bake them.
I mix them up in a bowl with a little milk and salt, then I lay a sheet of grease proof paper in a tray, pour the egg in and bung it in the oven. In at moderate, it only takes 15 minutes, which means I can cook (if I have 2 trays on the go at once) about 50 serves of eggs in an hour and still have vacuumed, washed the dishes, done a load of washing and still have 15minutes left over to sit down with a cup of tea!
This idea came to me one day when I was trying to make omelette without a frying pan.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Did I mention I help make 100 burgers once a month? It’s a life saver and all us burger ladies do it now. I don't suppose you'll be making 100 burgers anytime soon, but you never know!
I am actually doing this today. The only downside is that you may need a few more eggs to make it work, however time wise, you’re not hovering over a frypan so it is miles better and worth the few extra eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment